1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 tablespoon whipping cream
1 cup sliced, fresh strawberries
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over the 1 TB whipping cream; set aside to soften gelatin.
2. In a food processor, process the strawberries and powdered sugar until smooth.
3. In a 1 qt. saucepan, cook strawberry mixture and softened gelatin over medium heat, beating with a whisk occasionally until mixture comes to a simmer and gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool for about 30 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, beat the 1/2 cup whipping cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. On a low speed, beat in strawberry mixture until well blended.
5. Spoon strawberry mousse into individual bowls and refrigerate about 30 minutes.
About 2 cups.
Layer chocolate mousse and strawberry mousse into glass cups. Garnish with strawberries and chocolate shavings. (My boys call this " 'D' Parfait'" because my little man 'D' was the one who made it...with a lot of help; since he is only five!)