Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Monday, January 16, 2012
My kids love this. They always clean their bowls. I have to add more veggies and water so there's more for our bigger family.
Saturday, January 7, 2012
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
This recipe is almost as easy as boxed macaroni and cheese and about 1000 times better. This has gone into our regular rotation. My dudes love it! :) It can be served as a main dish or a side dish.
Macaroni and Cheese
(add chunks of ham for "Hamaroni and Cheese")
1 1/2 c uncooked elbow macaroni
3 TB butter
2 TB flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 c milk
2 cups shredded Cheddar or Colby cheese (Sharp Cheddar adds a whole lot of flavor)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a square baking dish.
2. Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
3. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Blend in the flour, salt, and pepper. Add the milk; cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Decrease heat to low and add the cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
4. Combine the cheese sauce with the macaroni and place in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake 35-40 minutes or until heated through
Sunday, December 11, 2011
I made Pepper Jack Potato Soup in our city’s soup cook off for our Christmas celebration.
It totally took first place. And I won $50! Woot!
I used the same recipe, only I tweaked it a bit. Here’s how:
- instead of sautéing the vegetables in oil, I used the bacon drippings. This added a lot of flavor.
- I added extra bacon (and calories!)
- I added a 4oz can of diced green chilies and a jalapeno pepper.
- I used chicken stock instead of broth
- I added a generous handful of sharp cheddar with the pepper jack cheese.
Drool. It was tasty. People were scraping the bottom of the crock pot just to get a taste of it! :)
If you haven’t tried it, you should. It is super delish! Now it’s award winning, too! :)
Saturday, November 19, 2011
Whenever I try a new recipe, I think, “Oooh! I’ve gotta put this up on the blog!” And then I forget. I keep doing that until I have a handful of recipes to post. The next four recipes are ones that my entire family loved. I hope you will too! :)
P.S. Happy Blogiversary! We just had our one year anniversary on the eighth!