I made Pepper Jack Potato Soup in our city’s soup cook off for our Christmas celebration.
It totally took first place. And I won $50! Woot!
I used the same recipe, only I tweaked it a bit. Here’s how:
- instead of sautéing the vegetables in oil, I used the bacon drippings. This added a lot of flavor.
- I added extra bacon (and calories!)
- I added a 4oz can of diced green chilies and a jalapeno pepper.
- I used chicken stock instead of broth
- I added a generous handful of sharp cheddar with the pepper jack cheese.
Drool. It was tasty. People were scraping the bottom of the crock pot just to get a taste of it! :)
If you haven’t tried it, you should. It is super delish! Now it’s award winning, too! :)