Monday, March 14, 2011

Chocolate Mousse

Chocolate Mousse

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 tablespoon cold water
2 tablespoons boiling water
(just boil some in the microwave, measure out what you need and discard the rest)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, combine gelatin and cold water. Allow to stand for about 1 minute. While gelatin is softening, bring 2 tablespoons of water to a boil in the microwave. Whisk into the softened gelatin and allow to cool.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar, cocoa powder, cream and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form. Mix in gelatin mixture until combined and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. If serving in individual cups, place mousse into cups or bowls before refrigerating.

Yield:
About 2 cups

*I got this recipe from my new cookbook, Our Best Bites. I got it for my birthday, and I love, love, love it! I know of a few ways to get it cheaper if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment