Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Easy Biscuits


Last night my son asked if I would make biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Well being the lazy person I am, I usually use refrigerated biscuits. This was late though and I didn't want to run to the store and I didn't have any Bisquick. So looking online I found these easy biscuits and they turned out great so I thought I'd share. Since Valentines is coming up I made them in the shape of hearts.

Mix together:
2 1/4 cup self rising flour
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup milk
Roll out on waxed paper and cut out.
Bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes till a nice golden brown.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm!

    I just came across a super easy/yummy sausage gravy that my boys loved. I'll post it. It would be perfect with your biscuits, AND it freezes nicely in a Ziploc bag. I'll bet the biscuits would too. You could put the biscuits in one bag, the gravy in another (and lay it flat to freeze) and staple them together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...sorry. I published the comment too soon.

    Anyway...
    staple the bags together and save them in the freezer for a day when you can't or don't want to cook!

    I'll post all my favorite freezer meals. Hopefully the baby won't come too soon, so that you can get ready! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the heart shape idea! :)

    ReplyDelete