Monday, January 10, 2011

Black Bottom Cupcakes

My eight year old found this recipe yesterday and asked if we could make them. We had a lot of fun baking together, and I was surprised at how yummy they were! I hope you like them, too.

Black Bottom Cupcakes

Ingredients:
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 oz. chocolate chops
1 pkg. Devil's Food Cake Mix
(I just used my favorite Devil's Food Cake recipe.)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine cream cheese, egg, sugar, salt and mix until well blended. Mix in chocolate chips and set aside.
3. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Fill paper cupcake liners 1/2 full with cake batter.
4. Top with heaping tablespoon of cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with additional granulated sugar.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Makes 24 cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment