Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hot Cocoa Mix

I think I can take credit for this recipe because I took what I liked from about six different cocoa mix recipes and tweaked it until it was perfect...at least for me and my family. I hope you like it too!

Natalie's Yummy-Delicious-Not-So-Nutritious
Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix:

Ingredients:
6 cups powdered milk
2 1/3 cups powdered sugar
1 30 ounce can of powdered chocolate milk mix
2 1/3 cups powdered coffee creamer
1/2 cup baking cocoa

Mix all ingredients in a 5 quart ice cream bucket. This should store for a few months

Variations:
Add crushed candy canes (any flavor) or different flavored coffee creamers.

Directions:
Heat 6 ounces of water and add 1/4 cup of mix until almost boiling. Stir until the cocoa has dissolved. Add 2 ounces of cold milk and enjoy!
Makes one serving

*I make this in large portions for my boys, and I have found that the stove top works better than the microwave. I don't know why, but it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment