Friday, February 18, 2011

Creamy Chicken and Chile Enchiladas

Oh.My.Goodness. These are the yummiest enchiladas I have ever made. Little Chef found the recipe on the back of a can of green enchilada sauce. I can't remember the brand, so I can't give it credit. I hope you like it as much as we did!

Creamy Chicken and Chile Enchiladas

Ingredients:
1 lb. uncooked chicken breast strips
1 8 oz. package cubed cream cheese
1 4.5 oz. can diced green chilies
flour tortillas
2 10 oz. cans green enchilada sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
shredded cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Cook chicken and spices in a skillet. When done, add cream cheese and chilies. Cook until cream cheese is melted. Spoon chicken filling onto tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat until the filling is gone. Pour enchilada sauce over the top. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 15-20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm....these sound so good. I will definitely be trying them soon!

    ReplyDelete