Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Grandma's Traditional Potato Salad

I love my grandma's potato salad, even when I was a little kid so I thought I'd share it with you.

8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
4-5 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
2 tsp. prepared mustard (not sure what the "prepared" means, I just use whatever mustard I have)
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp. celery seed
1 tsp. sugar
3 T sweet pickle relish (drain off the juice)
5 tsp. pepper
2 1/2 tsp. salt

Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil, cook until tender. Drain and cool. Cube potatoes then combine remaining ingredients. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

You'll need a large bowl and you don't have to leave in refrigerator for 4 hours if you don't have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment