Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Angel Chicken Pasta

I found this recipe the other night and made it for dinner tonight and I loved it. My hubby even liked it and apparently he doesn't like any kind of chicken pasta. My girls even loved it!!

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup butter
1/2 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
4 ounces cream cheese with chives
1 pound angel hair pasta (I used thin Spaghetti because it holds better)


Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in half the package of dressing mix. Blend in chicken broth and cream of chicken soup. Mix in cream cheese, and stir until smooth. Heat through, but do not boil. Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour sauce over.
Bake for 60 minutes in the preheated oven. Twenty minutes before the chicken is done, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Cook pasta until done, about 5 minutes. Drain. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.

If cooking for crockpot, which I did, melt butter in microwave and then stir in the dressing. Make sure to only use half the package, as most the reviews I read on this said if using the whole package it's too salty. Mix in everything together in the crockpot till smooth and then put chicken (I sliced it into thin strips) and cook till chicken is cooked through. I think it was 2 hours for me, my crockpot heats fast and high. Cook pasta till done, drain, and mix in with the chicken.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - this was AMAZING. My son who normally hates everything asked if we could have this again tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete