4 oz semisweet chocolate
1 Cup Flour
1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Cup (1 stick) soft butter
1/2 Cup light brown sugar
1/4 Cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, or dark chocolate chips (2 bags)
1. Preheat the oven to 325. Melt the 4 oz of chocolate.
2. Measure the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
3. Cream the butter and two sugars in another bowl (I use my free standing mixer). Add the melted chocolate and mix together.
4. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg, then mix in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Scoop out 1/4 Cup-sized mounds (I use my measuring cup or an ice cream scoop), and place on a lined baking sheet about 2 1/2 inches apart. Do not flatten them.
6. Bake for 18 minutes, testing with a toothpick to make sure they come out semi-clean. If you pierce a chocolate chip, try again.
7. Leave to cool on a baking sheet for 4/5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.
Tip: We also use a regular-sized cookie scoop and adjust the time to make smaller portions.
You can also scoop these out, freeze them for a little while, and when hardened, throw them into a freezer safe bag for later. That way if you feel like hot homemade cookies, but not the mess, you're ready!